Tuesday 23 October 2012

greek myths





Here we have two covers I designed for a Greek Myths book this week. They're both based on the story of Icarus, who escaped the Minotaur's labyrinth with his father using wings made of feathers and wax. Overwhelmed by the joy of flying, he flew too close to the sun, melting the wax of his wings so he fell into the sea and drowned.

I'm not really satisfied with the type on both of these, the first one seems too childish and the second a bit boring? I'm not sure. Oh well, it was a short deadline for these, so I couldn't go too crazy with designs.

I'm not sure which of the two I prefer. The first one seems like it would suit a younger audience better. Anyway, I had fun with these, as I've never tried designing a book cover before and I'm probably going to be doing a lot of that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment